Drew
Drew, Network Specialist
Experience:  Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.
68433724

I have mg3550 andchrome computer I was told they were

Customer Question

I have mg3550 andchrome computer I was told they were compatible by PC World I have registered and I have managed to print a NETWORK CONFIGUration page MOstly empty Ive now been trying since 18./8 PC are UNHELPFUL I am not stupid just old at 86
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is***** will assist you.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Do you have the Canon connected to your home wifi internet connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I reached a stage where i was asked to place a single sheet of paper in the printer and got a print of Network Configuration PageThis lists wireless LAN with 20 headings these are mostly left blank others have comments inactive ,none, 0%, 8 are blank .Also under other settings there is a 13 item list of which 4 are blankand 2 are disable All the foregoing means nothing to me and nothing allows me to proceed further .

I was assured by PC WORLD my computer was cloud ready but they have been unhelpful I have tried several times a day to get this set up .EG If you click on to set up for printers without LCD you get a picture of a Primax printer and lists all its properties but you do not seem to be able to progress from there. I,ve been into several so called helpers who seem to delight in telling me you have logged into us umpteen times but I never get anywhere .

okay, thank you. I am sorry for the difficulty. >>>CLICK HERE<<<< and follow the steps to connect to wifi on your Canon please.Let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What you have told me is no different to others and it does not work . I have CHROME computer there are no discs nor any slot for one.

It ready for use with a wireless function on numerous printers including the one I have Primax MG 3550 (Canon) The only wire supplied with the printer is for the power It photocopies .In following other instructions from the internet Remote UI I placed 1 sheet of paper in the printer and entirely on its own it printed the list previously described .No connection for further printing . One is supposed to go into CHROME CLOUD PRINT to set up but that I have tried without success I am in mid 80s but I am not stupid but I am rapidly reaching the hair (i have plenty ) pulling stage .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe that if I were connected to my WiFi internet I would be fine . The connection should be wireless and the computer Google Chrome Cloud which the printer is Cloud Ready . That is what is required and what I have and it should work but it does not ,You say connect to your WiFi router so do all the others But no one says how ,My router works flashes away all the time it is about 4 feet from thr printer and a bit less from the computer and it used to be at least 20ft .

I am sorry to say that so far you have not helped me one iota .

According to Samsung ,PC world and Canon my two machines are wireless compatible and should print anything I wish from my computer . Instructions are inadequate . Which is why I have tried you .Maybe I was wrong .

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if you have a WPS button on your wireless router? If you do, this procedure might get your printer connected wireless router: Canon WPS SetupPlease let me know if this helps. If you don't have a WPS button, then we need to figure out the manual way to configure your printer that *doesn't* require a CD. Cheers, Drew
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have WPS on my router but it is only a light which is not connected and is not any sort of button nowhere to press or switch .

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.
Hmm... Well let's try this. The first part of this video shows how to connect your printer to your wireless router manually. Don't worry about the driver setup or test print part. You'll need to know the password ***** your wireless router. It's likely the same one you used when you connected your Chromebook to your wireless router. Wireless Printer Setup Or if that doesn't work, please tell me the make and model of your router and I will see if I can find how to begin WPS setup on your router. Cheers, Drew
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm curious if you were able to get your printer connected to your router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Drew

I was unable to get any where with my printer .To day however as it has been raining a friend of my sons called to see me with his girl friend and after a chat I told the of my problem .They volunteered to have a go and between them they got it fixed up in some two hours.

D Payne

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mr. Payne,I'm sorry I was not able to help you get it going but I'm glad you were able to find someone to help you. Cheers,Drew
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your effort