p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

How do I reset my new bluray player model DMP-BD83 so I can

How do I reset my new bluray player model DMP-BD83 so I can start from scratch in Network settings.
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Go into the panasonic on screen menu > SETUP > DEFAULT SETTINGS. Set this to YES. and it will clear everything back to new. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've just done what you recommended but it only resets some menu,s not the network which I need how do I reboot machine ?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
That was the factory reset process.You can reboot by holding power button 10+ seconds or unplugging power 60+ seconds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry still no joy have been into network settings but cannot go wireless only wired which I don't Have any ideas ?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Do you have an adapter connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just the power adapter and an HDMI cable
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Okay, that is the problem.This is not a setting issue.The DMP-BD83 is one of the basic/economy models, it does not have built in wifi capabilities.It is there in the menu, and you can add an external (usb) wifi adapter, but it does not have its own wifi adapter inside.Out of the box it can work with wired ethernet only. You can buy an adapter for it, but I wouldn't' consider it worth it. The adapter alone is about £50.You'd be better off either returning the player entirely and buying a more capable model in the first place, for little more,OR use the ethernet port in conjunction with an external wifi bridge or powerline adapter: http://amzn.to/1JO92DO
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answers Regards Jason.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, Jason, and best of luck to you.Nathan