Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

Lkt, I'm gerry. have a bt router working ok with inet and

hi lkt, I'm gerry. have a bt router working ok with inet and trying now to couple up a youview box to get past programmes. Do I need to connect both the router and youview each to a powerline adapter
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
One of the power line adapters you connect to one of the LAN ports (one of the 4) via a network cable on the BT router, then you connect the adapter into a power socket into the wall (Not via a power board).
Then the second adapter you connect to a power socket near the Youview box and then a network cable from the adapter into the network port on the youvuew box.
that completes the setup. There is no additional configuration required.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.