RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

My nexus 7 connects to other routers but wont connect to my

Customer Question

my nexus 7 connects to other routers but wont connect to my router i
have laptop and tablet connected nexus says authication problem
n
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
Try these steps please:Open your device’s Settings menu .Under "Wireless & networks," touch Wi-Fi.Make sure the Wi-Fi switch is in the On position.In the Wi-Fi settings screen, touch the name of your home network. If you're using Android 5.0 and you don't see the network in the list, touch the Menu icon , then touch Saved networks and touch the network.Touch Forget.Then reboot the tablet and try the wifi again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still shows authentication problem
okay, try theses steps next and if it does not connect let me know the brand/model of your router and the wifi password ***** the network on your nexus again, then turn the router off and then on again:Unplug the router or modem's power cords from the power outlet for 15 seconds.Wait for the router to reboot and then try the nexus wifi again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sky netgear redmayne862885
Okay, thank you The next thing to try will be turning off the netgear security and see if the nexus will connect. If it does then you will need to change the security settings on the netgear. Do you know how to do this?