Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a samsung tablet 4.1.2 that will not allow me to print

Customer Question

I have a samsung tablet 4.1.2 that will not allow me to print wireless to anything other than a samsung printer.My daughter has the same tablet but the 4.4.2 version and is able to wireless print ok.I have no warranty issues am I therefore ok to safely update the software to a 4.4.2 version?
If so how would I do this?
nb I have registered with Google cloud print and also print @epsonconnect.com along with having downloaded Acrobat reader and although I am able to print a email by these methods I can never print off a attachment such as a airline ticket or a voucher.Each time I have tried the voucher/ticket has only printed in a text format.As previously stated my daughter is able to wireless print a voucher with her 4.4.2 version to MY PRINTER no problem.
I contacted the 'knowhow' people at PC World where I purchased my printer from and they were baffled and therefore offered me a change of printer.I then exchanged it for a different make of printer but the same problem exists which would suggest the problem is with the software on my 4.1.2 version.
Hoping you can help
Alan
.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Tap Apps > Settings > General tab > About device .
Tap Software update.
Are any updates available? It will tell you this.
Let me know please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am on auto updates and on a update check message states all updates have been installed.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you cannot update to 4.4.2 But what is the make and model of your printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Epson XP 625

My previous printer was a HP Envy 5530

Both bought new in the last 2 months.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you have to print via the app.Go to the Google Play Store and download and install the Epson iPrint AppOpen this app and within this app print your contentLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I had downloaded the Epson app before making initial contact.

The screen says the printer is ready.

The screen has various functions including more apps.

Clicking on more apps we have a Epson print enabler which allows you to print emails etc from any android tablet 4.4 or later.

When I try to install this app it tells me my device is not compatible with this version.

This I am aware of as I have 4.0.1 version.

Hence my enquiry as to how I safely update my tablet to 4.4 version bearing in mind that warranty is not an issue.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is not possible to update it Alan as there is no later version of the firmware produced for your Tablet.
Your only option would be to enable the printer for Google Cloud printer via the instructions here
https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en
You have to use the Classic printer.
Then you install the Google Cloud App on the Tablet and use this Alan.
One thing is the computer needs to be on that the printer is connected to for this to work.
But it is the only option available for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou for your help Richard however you will note that I am no further forward than I was on my initial enquiry.

Everything you have suggested was mentioned as being done in my original correspondence.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please understand I can only give correct and realistic answers, regardless of whether you have done this or not. This is the reality of the situation.

This I have confirmed for you and this is the service you received.