Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

There,just recieved new fire but cannot get it to connect

Customer Question

hi there,just recieved new fire but cannot get it to connect to the net.tried restarts on both device and router.still no joy.Tried to connect to daughters system and it still wouldnt connect and shes been useing a kindle for years.Ihave tried several times to connact but no joy.My sky router does not seem to recognise the device at all.Iget the same message everytime i try to connect.authentication problem.help!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your sky router?

Do you know how to check / confirm your wi-fi/wireless password ***** key?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Besides the kindle fire, do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have a laptop runs windows vista.only have that and the fire
i do know the password ***** connect.all i know about the router is what i can see on side.sagem .ssid network key.channel and two bar codes one is mac no?

So you use the network key, but it does not work. Do you have an extra Ethernet/network cable that you can connect from the laptop to the router temporarily, if it's not connected yet?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on the router's setting directly through your computer, so that it would work with the new kindle fire?