Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I want to change the IP address my Office serv ITP-5114D uses.

I want to change the IP address my Office serv ITP-5114D uses. How is it done?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. You may be able to change the *local* address of the Samsung IP phone you are asking about. But the IP address of the phone, as far as the general or 'outside' Internet is concerned, must remain the same as the overall IP address of your whole local network. Is it the local IP address you wish to change, or the 'outside' or Internet-wide IP address of the whole network (and thus of the phone as far as the internet at large is concerned) that you wish to change? Changing the Internet IP address of the whole network, since it is assigned by your Internet service provider (the one associated with your modem), would have to be done by your Internet service provider, and you would have to contact them in order to request having that done. As for the local IP address... changing it depends upon whether you have the phone's address pre-assigned (i.e. a 'fixed IP address') within the local network and as far as the router is concerned... or whether it is assigned by DHCP according to the router's assignment.If assigned by DHCP, you can simply shut down and turn Off every device with an IP address in the whole local network (except the router, which stays On), then power up the devices one at a time, in a different order from the usual (e.g. if you usually power up the Samsung phone first before other devices and computers on the network, then power it up last)... and it will most likely get a different local IP Address by DHCP.If it has a fixed IP address, then just assigning it a different fixed IP address would change that.Also if its address is currently assigned by DHCP, then just assigning it a fixed IP Address would change it also. Let me know which of these it is, and I will instruct you as to the specific option. Use the Reply To Expert option to let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My Samsungs are IP phones and I connect them to my office network from home or France by just plugging them into my routers they then connect to an IP address which is shown on the phone screeen. My office router has had to be changed and a different IP address is used. I know the IP address but cannot find the setup menu on the phone to change it.

My phones are Samsung OfficeServ ITP-5114D for which I cannot find a setup manual but only a user manual which does not include this.

I have changed my VPN connection on my laptops with no problem.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps the Samsung phones in question have a web interface, as many network devices do. Try connecting one of your Samsung IP phones, while turned Off or powered Off, to a computer's network port (see diagrams in that manual that you have, as appropriate for your phone.) But do not connect the other cable of the phone to the network just yet.Then see if you can find out the IP address the computer's Ethernet port has assigned the phone.Then enter that IP address into the Address field of a web browser program, and press the RETURN key, once. If the phone has a web interface, e.g. for setup and assigning parameter values and/or the IP address, this will allow you to access it. That's an idea which I offer if you are willing to try it, I do not guarantee that it will work. It's worth one try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem I am having is the MENU button on the phone seems to be disabled. I need to get into the phone to manually change the IP address. Any ideas where to obtain a setup manual?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Try using the MENU button when the phone has been powered up while disconnected from other devices and not connected to a computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are a star. Got into the menu and changed the address and it is working!

I will now try to do the same on the phone I use in France.

Robert

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Excellent to hear that.I hope the other phone is also thus configurable. If so, please rate my Answer, so that this case might be closed. Thanks.