Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

I have a new TX-48CX400B everything works fine apart from when

Customer Question

i have a new TX-48CX400B everything works fine apart from when we use the internet side of the TV ie streaming you tube etc, our broad band is BT Hub 5 the Tv is connected via a cable from the BT hub, we have sky connected and again no issues it's only when we try to use you tube ? what ever we are watching freezes after approx 7 mins, also the download speed is over 14450kbpsec
any ideas as to what is happening, I must add my old Plasma Panasonic worked perfectly on the same system.
regards Ian
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. This sounds like a bandwidth issue regardless of your speed. Please start a video like this. Then pause it when it freezes and wait 60 seconds. Press play, does it start playing normally or is it still frozen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it still frozen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Go into the settings and look for a system option, it should have an option to check for updated firmware. Check that and make sure it is up to date.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think it is but it will not up date ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
It does not always do it automatically, which is why i want you to check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I tried to do the up date and it didn't happen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I have learned from experience that all smart TV's are not created equal. Only the high-end TV's, such as Samsung, have an internet browser and processor that is powerful enough to handle live streaming. Many lower cost smart TV's, despite having many new features, such as #D, do not have powerful enough browser firmware to keep up with live video streaming data without buffering or freezing. There is nothing you can do about this native capability, except to just accept the fact.
However, the good news is that you can add the streaming capability to your smart TV by purchasing a USB dongle, such as a FireStick from Amazon, ChromecCast from Google, or AppleTV from Apple.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!