Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

My Epsom XP-405 home printer has stopped working. It is just

Customer Question

my Epsom XP-405 home printer has stopped working. It is just under 1 year and up till now has worked on both wifi and cable connected
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes (so disconnect the power cable to the wall socket).
Then connect the power, turn on the printer and tell me please if you can now print to it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have done as you asked but still no luck

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it turning on at all still Ann?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes , all usual displayed as normal

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you disconnect the printer from the computer
Then press the windows key and type in devices and click on devices and printers.
Once done, restart the computer and install the printer again like you did when you first received it.
When installed, tell me please if you can now print to it
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please
Richard, Network Architect
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would be very grateful if you could do this remotely

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but do not get any ID just a number of other options

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, thats the installation, so install it please, run the program and you will get the ID and Password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Again ,sorry but I am not getting any install instructions.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What do you now see on your screen Ann from Teamviewer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Page keeps telling me to close Teamviewer I cannot get any further than the first. It tells me in a pop-up that a

another version is running but I cannot access it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it is telling you to close it it means you already have it open on your computer, so look at all the windows you have open as one of them is Teamviewer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No luck but can try compatibility settings. Still cannot close . I must seem very silly but I just cannot get this program to run, have tried to delete other installations of program but cannot close because version is still running.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your running it many times at the same time....

Restart your computer, then take your time and open the program Teamviewer as it is installed on your computer.

Then it will give you the ID and Password

Please take your time doing this as your rushing through and this is why you get the issues.