Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have installed Windows 10 and now my MX455 will only

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 and now my MX455 will only scan to local (USB). It is still connected wirelessly to my Dell PC. How can I fix this, please?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Can you print wireless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - it says there was an error
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok you said it was connected wireless before but if you are getting an error it is not connected properly. I will need to opt out and move this to networking for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - when I looked at the printer in control panel, it saw it so that is why I felt it was still connected
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this. Please try the following fix: STEP 1:1. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer.2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet/wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect3. Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer cord from the printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on. STEP 2:- On the printer, can you please press the Setup (tool / wrench) button, then select Device Settings, then LAN Settings, then Wireless LAN Setup, then the red Stop/Reset button, then press OK, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name.- Please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mx455_printer_wireless_connection_setup/; there, click on Standard Connection Method first, then follow the instructions there. STEP 3:- Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, then right-click on any Canon item you see there, then remove / delete it for now, then click on the option Add a printer at the top, then it should detect your Canon wireless printer, then add it, then see if you can print via wireless now. STEP 4:- If that does not work, please do the following:1. Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and uninstall any Canon driver / program, if any, you see there.2. Restart the computer.3. Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, then right-click on any Canon item you see there, then remove / delete it for now.4. Download and install the MX450 series MP Drivers... at the Canon website below: http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mx_series/mx455.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1027566&os=Windows%2010%20(64-bit)&language=EN Note: During installation, make sure the printer is powered on. And when prompted during installation, make sure to select the wireless / network option. Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Experience: Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.