jessmagz
jessmagz, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer/Network Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Post Windows 10 upgrade my wireless stopped working. I've tried

Customer Question

Post Windows 10 upgrade my wireless stopped working. I've tried a few of the fixes proposed online but nothing seems to help. Can you advise?
Category: Networking
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can assist you with this, please tell me the following:What is the exact make and model of your desktop or laptop?What was the previous OS of the said computer: Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1?Are you using the problem computer now and getting internet connection through the ethernet cable?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

thanks for the rapid reply. My laptop is a HP Envy dv7. I was using windows 8. My internet connection works through the cable Ok.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issue.Since the problem computer is still connected to the internet through the cable, can I remotely access it so that I can directly fix your wifi issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but I need to go out in about 20 mins for 1/2 an hour. Will this work in this case?

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.Yes, when we are in remote session, I can disconnect from your PC or wait until you return since I prefer to have you watch your screen as I fix your computer.
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=654b35cb-c809-41a6-bf9b-9a125e3339e82. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess. Can we resume?

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me rejoin the session. Hold on.
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? Has your system restarted already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess. My PC has rebooted.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok. So it appears that the remote tool did not autostart. Please use this link and then download and run the tool again to rejoin me in the session:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=654b35cb-c809-41a6-bf9b-9a125e3339e8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess. I'm free from now for the next 3 hours. Let me know if you are free to help me again. Neil.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil, I am sorry for the delayed reply. I was away from the computer and I just get back online now. Are you still available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to leave in 25 minutes. Is this enough time for you? Otherwise tomorrow is good for me. Neil.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil,I suggest that we resume tomorrow then so that we have ample time to work things out. It is also 9:50PM here and I am planning to sign off now for the day. We'll resume tomorrow then.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess. I'm available for the next 3 hours.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, your reply came to me at 6:14PM my time. I am very sorry for the late reply. Are you still available now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For an hour or so I'm Ok. What time is it for you though? Neil.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil, thank you for writing back. By the time of this writing it is 10:52PM. I will be signing off at 12 midnight, that will be an hour from now.Do you want us to do the remote session now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, although I need to close in about 1 hour too. N.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we can do remote session now. Please use this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9b46c76d-5849-434f-9649-2793cc2dd619
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jess. I'm back up.

Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Please use this link again:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9b46c76d-5849-434f-9649-2793cc2dd619
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Neil for your patience. The issue was resolved through remote help.

Your wifi is now working.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess