Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have an Epson XP212 printer. Yesterday I changed my broadband

Customer Question

I have an Epson XP212 printer.
Yesterday I changed my broadband provider and have a new router etc. installed. I can't get the printer to find it on Wi-Fi, and so it won't print anything - other than a status report, which shows that the SSID is my old modem, but the new one is listed further down on the SSID list.
I have pressed the Wi-Fi button on the printer for 3 seconds and the Wi-Fi light is flashing between the red and the green.
Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You have to run the installation of the printer again.
So uninstall it from the computer (you right click it and select remove)
The connect the printer to the computer and run the installation like you did when you first received it. This will then go through the setup process.
You choose your new SSID and it connects.
Then you can disconnect it and use it wirelessly.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Richard, Network Architect
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think that's done : ID = VAIO Password = Jackson3

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, you need to run the Teamviewer program as per my instructions, then it gives you the ID and Password ***** give to me please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID 550 861 867

P/W uqm827

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Richard,

I now have my printer connected to my laptop via a cable ....... over to you, please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
Please run Teamviewer again and give me the ID and password ***** connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

550 861 867

uqm 827

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

550 861 867

hfq292

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
.thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I was disconnected when it connected the printer to the wireless, but did it complete Patti?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wondered where you'd got to!! Yes, all seems well now. Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome Patti
All the best