Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

How do I delete a single email from a Mac Timeline backup

Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You cannot delete an individual email, as its all stored in one file so you need to delete the actual file, but then lose the emails in it.
If you wish to do that
Open the backup manager by pulling down the Time Machine menu item and choosing to Enter into Time Machine
Navigate to the directory location of the file/folders you want to remove backups for
Right-click on the folder or file to remove backups for and choose ‘Delete All Backups of “FileName”‘ and confirm the the removal
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.