Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have tried connecting a 2nd you view box (BT) with a 3rd

Customer Question

i have tried connecting a 2nd you view box (BT) with a 3rd powerline connector of the same type but although all 3 green lights come on ,the you view box says there is no internet connector-have you any suggestions?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,How far is the YouView box from the router?Is it an older house with old wiring?Can you test if the YouView box can get a connection ok if you plug it in to a Powerline adapter closer to the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the you view box is 6-7m from router, it is an older house with older wiring,but i am already using powerline connector to my existing you view box which works fine & is only 1m away in the next room
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I understand, however I would just like you to temporarily test the box closer to the router if possible - if it works ok when closer to the router we can then start to figure out why it won't work at its current location. If it won't work when close to the router, then the YouView box may be faulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** have tried the box close to the router & it works ,but it does nor display the bt option as it should .On replacing it in its original position it intial connected to the internet still without the bt option ,& then lost the connection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Pete,
I* am still awaiting a replyfrom my follow up message,that I have tried the box close to the router & it works ,but it does nor display the bt option as it should .On replacing it in its original position it intial connected to the internet still without the bt option ,& then lost the connection,so I am awaiting your follow up ,before I rate your assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any follow up to my intial reply & it has been so long I have solved the problem myself ,it has been a complete waste of time & money ,& i believe I should get a refund as I certainly did not get an answer!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for any delay, I was not notified of your replies until today.
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay ,but not having any reply inn the meantime I have solved the problem myself& I do not think it is that I is right that I should be charged as i have answered the problem myself.
Paul
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul,You have not been charged for this answer.Your deposit remains in your JustAnswer account,best,Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
I would much rather the money be returned to my account rather than left in the Just answer account,which over time will get forgotten about,I would rather have it for when I wish to use it
Paul