Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I get"your computer appears to be correctly configured but

I get"your computer appears to be correctly configured but DNS server is not responding
Windows 8. Internet connection erratic but ok when using ethernet connection
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Try this to see if you can make the wireless connection stable. Hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R. The Run box will open. In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK. Right click on the Wi-Fi icon and select Properties. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the Properties button.Select Use the following DNS server addressesUse 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4for Preferred and Alternate serversClick OK. Test your connection and let me know please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Byron
It took me a while but it seems OK now. I will know for sure in a day or so and if it is still troublesome I will let you know'
Many thanksTim
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim. It should be fine now that it's looking for different DNS servers. Those IP addresses point to a pair of Google DNS servers.