p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

RichardI saw your post when you helped someone to resolve 1106 erro

Hi Richard
I saw your post when you helped someone to resolve 1106 error on Sony Bravia TV. I have the same problem and my Default gataway is 192.168.1.1
Please let me now if you can give me instructions how I can fix my internet connection on this TV and whether your advise is free
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Richard is offline, I can help you here, but this is a paid support site, it is not a free service. How far is the tv from the router, and what is the full model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid 15$ via credit card based on the rate posted on your site.I am at work right now and cannot answer the full model #. I can see on the internet that the error 1106 is common across many models, but neither of suggestions on the internet helped me. This is why decided to use your service. If it is necessary to provide you more details hen I already provided in my request, we will have to reconvene when i come home, or about 6:30 P.M. PT. Please let me know. My TV is about 15 feet from the router. I have been using the internet TV for 2 years and recently I bought a new rauter. Since then it stopped working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Thew new router is going to be the issue here. The tv needs to be configured to the new router (new network name, enter new password, etc) and everything should be on automatic except in extenuating circumstances which rarely apply. Leave all of the tv network settings to auto/dhcp. You can't just start randomly assigning ip and gateway settings based on information you find on the internet, those things are highly specific to your individual router, which may require some customized settings. For the scope of your initial question here, I can give you some very basic guidance (low detail, low urgency), when you have a chance to get back to the tv.I can also help you with the router settings remotely, if you need help beyond the basic initial question here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you for cheer-leading:-) Now let us get to a serious conversation, because I need a real support. Of course I changed my password ***** all the settings and connected to my new router successfully! When I check the connection my TV displays me that the connection is successful, but when I try to download external content, or simply go to Netflix the TV shows me the message connection error 1106. I went on the internet and searched for error 1106 bravia (you may do it quickly yourself to see that it is a well known error with a ready suggestion), however, I tried them all and nothing works, so I don't need your help an elementary thing like setting up my connection, i perfectly capable of doing it myself, I am paying you to help me to resolve 1106 error, which i cannot do on my own This is what internet say can fix the problem but that didn't work for me:
Try this:
Select Setup or Settings.
Select Network.
Select Network Setup.
Depending on how the device is connected to the Internet, select either Wired or Wireless.
Select Manual.
Set primary DNS to 8.8.8.8.
Set Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
That is exactly the initial step I would have suggested as well, but those dns addresses are different than what you had used already.That is also primarily a us based dns server, and from what I can tell on the question here it looks like you're in canada or the uk, so may need to get a detailed dns server from your ISP. This is not always an internet side connectivity issue though it is often a wifi fault with the tv itself.Can you plug the tv into the router directly with a lan/ethernet cable and let me know how that works?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Los Angeles, California, USA:-) You may have guessed it correctly from the time I showed you I will come today from work, 6:30 P.M. PT :-):-)
I will try plugging in directly as you instructed and will let you know the results. It will be by 7:00 P.M. tonights or so, will you still be on-line at that time?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
That is odd, the site is showing Canada, and the pricing you mentioned was off from what I see so I thought there may be a conversion rate going on.Yes I should be on, but if I am away for dinner I'll get back with you as soon as I can.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Note that with the wired connection, try letting everything be set on wired/auto at first. You can still try the wired/manual 8.8.8.8 dns if needed after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your suggestions. Have a great dinner, no worries:-)! Still in Los Angeles, have been here for 22 years and not planning to leave:-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, if I have to leave this chat, to , say, restart my computer, how I will be able to contact you?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Just bookmark/favorite this page or return to justanswer.com and you should be able to get back with me from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Your advise worked, thank you! I even didn't have to set up anything, it just connected automatically, I Refreshed Internet Content adn vual-la:-). Now, what should I do, - just move router closer to TV and keep being connected vired till the end of time, or should I still try to connect wirleslly, and if yes, then how??
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Well, this indicates either a hardware problem with the internal wifi adapter (very common),or just that the tv needed a more stable connection to update itself.You can try going back to wifi, but if they are near enough to each other that you can keep the wired connection, I'd just buy a longer cord and keep them wired up.You'll get a far more stable and faster connection than wifi can ever give, with minimal expense and a lot less headache: http://amzn.to/20vF6YJ If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan