Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

My name is ***** ***** i live on a farm and have been using

Customer Question

hello , my name is ***** *****
i live on a farm and have been using a satelite broadband system with a very good speed and good backup , the phone line connection is very slow.my kids want netflix but this would use up the satellite allocation for the month very quickly . can a slow phoneline connection handle netflix.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Gus and welcome
You can use a Telephone line this is no problem but it all depends on the speed your provider is giving you on the line.
You need a minimum 5.0 Megabits for Netflix to run. This is easily done on a phone line if your provider is giving you these speeds.
Do you know speed your provider is offering you on the phone line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard i have no provider on phoneline as we have only used satellite for years now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, well make sure any provider you choose Gus gives you a speed of at least 10MB
This will guarantee that you get a good experience with netflix plus some bandwidth over for general surfing WHILE watching netflix
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome
If you need anything else please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the smiley faces then submit.