Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  All types of network devices, routers/switches/bridges/wifi/NIC's/Modems
63493917

How do I get my epson xp510 to remember the wifi password.

how do I get my epson xp510 to remember the wifi password. i have to enter it each time I switch on the printer
Category: Networking
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.How are you connecting the Epson printer to the network?is it INFRASTRUCTURE MODE?is it Wi-Fi DIRECT MODEis it Wi-Fi PROTECTED SETUP (WPS)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The closest to success was using WPS. I tried using my Virgin Superhub and the access code. Worked fine until I switched off the printer. When I switched it back on - the code had been forgotten. Then I tried my Devolo wifi / ethernet: pressed the WPS button. Worked OK. Switched off - back on - worked again. But later - it seemed to forget and I had to press the button again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bizzarely - it is working OK this morning. Do you know why it might be erratic?
Well, im glad it is working.....but to be honest, im not sure why it would act erraticly.Although I can offer some theories.Just a glitch in the code somewhere.DHCP time out on the IP address lease.WPS mode is not caching the code in the printer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, Quicksilver. I have manged to find a workaround (take the laptop to the printer!) - and I think there is something odd with the laptop as well as the printer, because the wifi printing is working better (although not perfectly) from my desktop. I'm going to upgrade the physical network soon, so will just leave this issue as 'interesting but unresolved'. Thanks for your help. Colin