RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

How can I connect my macbook pro and iPhone 6 with HP

How can I connect my macbook pro and iPhone 6 with HP Deskjet all in one printer 3630? Do I need to install drivers etc?
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 1 year ago.
If your HP is already connected to your home wifi, then all you will need to do is install the HP printer on the Mac. Follow these steps please. Add PrinterStep 1Connect the printer to the MacBook with its USB cable.Step 2Click the "Apple" icon in the menu bar at the top of the desktop, then click "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu. The System Preferences window opens. Step 3Click "Print & Fax," then click the "+" button on the left side of the window. The Add Printer window opens.Step 4Select the printer that is connected to your MacBook, then type a name for the printer in the Name box. Enter its location in the Location box and select the type of printer from the Print Using drop-down box.Step 5Click the "Add" button to add the printer to your MacBook. If prompted, insert the printer's installation disc into the optical drive on your Macbook. Follow the directions of the installation wizard to install the printer's essential software. Click "Finish" at the end of the install process. The printer appears in the list on the Print & Fax window.Make sure that you meet the following requirements to print with AirPrint.Follow these steroids for the iPhone. ..An Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch that runs iOS 4.2 or lateriOS 4.2 or later can be installed as an update to a current or older Apple device, or should already be installed on a new Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. NOTE:Not all features are compatible with all Apple devices. AirPrint and multitasking are available on iPad (all models), iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (third generation or later).An HP printer that supports AirPrintHP wireless printers released in 2010 and later support AirPrint.A private wireless networkThe Apple device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) and the HP printer must be connected to the same private 802.11 wireless network. AirPrint uses Bonjour, Apple's zero-configuration networking, to automatically discover your wireless printer over the local network.Apps that support AirPrintMany Apple apps support AirPrint, including Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks. Additionally, other popular apps available in the App Store are supported.To print from an app, tap the Action icon ( or ), and then tap Print to print with AirPrint. NOTE:If the Action icon or the Print button does not display, the app does not support AirPrint at this time.Note the following unsupported items:AirPrint is not supported through public wireless networks such as public Wi-Fi hotspots, Bluetooth connections, or on cellular 3G or 4G data connections.Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I connect it to the home wifi?
Make sure you know your network name and your security password (WEP or WPA).
On the printer's control panel, press the Setup button and then select the Network menu. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area. Note: The Setup button may appear as a wrench icon. There are differences between product models.
Select your wireless network's name from the list. If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.
Experience: Network Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The MacBook is now connected to the printer but I am unable to print it without the USB cable (wirelessly I mean)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will be easier to talk as I tried some of this stuff but doesn't work..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Resolved this issue now. thanks again.