Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a Devolo High Speed Ethernet 1 and recently had a new

I have a Devolo High Speed Ethernet 1 and recently had a new router. I am trying to get it working. I have an iMAC
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhat is the issue you have trying to get these to work? How far are you getting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the two boxes plugged in but there does not appear to be any improvement in wifi connection in the house. Is this system out of date, should I get a newer system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You want me to call? Accept the request and I can call you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I will continue with this written conversation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you any advice?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem, just responding to your request for a call.These devices do not do anything with Wifi, they are designed do you run internet over your power lines.So you connect one to the main router and to your power socket, then you connect another to any power socket in the house and you connect your computer to that.It is not a wireless extender, but they are for this purpose only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I have one connected to my computer and the other connected to a smart TV so that is correct.Therefore I imagine I require a different product to improve the wifi in the house?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, you need a wifi extender.One such as this MikeClick me to openVery simple and easy to install and it strengthens the wifi signalIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you