p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have got fibre optic today and a new router ad password. I

I have got fibre optic today and a new router ad password. I cannot connect to my wireless printer - a HP deskjet 8100. It used to connect via network but my network is offline
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bill. Your printer will need to be reconfigured to use the new router/network.The simplest option would be to avoid this entirely and plug the printer into the router directly with an ethernet cable. Otherwise, you have to temporarily plug the printer into your computer with a usb cable and use the hp software to configure the printer to the new wifi, just like when you set it up initially. If you need help, I can do this for you remotely after you make the necessary cable connections. Nathan