jessmagz
jessmagz, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer/Network Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am a professional gambler and always need to change IP

Hi, I am a professional gambler and always need to change IP to avoid bookie to cut my betting limit. Do you have any solution to avoid them to identify my ip?
Category: Networking
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. You mentioned you are using VPS. Are you using a VPS or a VPN? I believe it is a VPN to hide your IP. But what VPN are you currently using now?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the VPN as a remote desktop. I ask the hosting company to send me the ip to log in and use it as a desktop
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Xiaobin,Thank you for writing back with that information. Based on your description on your scenario, you need to use an IP in the UK, and now you are already using a VPN.The only way to solve this problem is through VPN and you are in the right track. VPNs allow you to hide your actual IP and use their server IP instead. So in your case, since you already have a VPN, in order to have a bigger pool of IP addresses that you can use, you need to subscribe to other VPN services that offers UK connections.Let me explain further. If your current VPN offers you 4 UK IP addresses, subscribing to another VPN provider can increase your pool of IPs. So if you subscribe to a VPN with 8 UK IP addresses, you will end up with 12 IPs to choose from.Here are the reliable VPN services which provide UK presence with large pool of IPs that you can try:VyPer VPNHideMyAssIronSocket VPNPureVPNNow, when you are using ANY of your VPN service providers, you need to first check which IP you are using using the link below:http://www.whatismyip.com/So after verifying and ensuring that the IP you are using is the IP you want to use in the game, that is the time that it will be safe to use it in your games.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response. But it is not a solution for me. Bookies can check the IP and easily find out that it belongs to some VPS provider. Most of time they will cut the limit or block the account from those IP as none of normal user will use VPS. I am asking is whether there is a solution that I can fake my IP. Also bet365 seems to use a technology that no user can log in account through a VPS. In that case, it is more difficult for me to use my sub-account to place bets.
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
There is no other way to fake your IP besides using a VPN. That is virtual private network. Also, when the VPN is properly configured, it should work on a complete stealth mode that no one can detect. I doubt that the betting site can block VPN-connected attempts. Even though you are using a VPN, you still need to monitor your external IPs to ensure that the VPN is working and your local IP is not exposed.So to answer your question, unfortunately, the only way to do this is through using a VPN. If the betting site is too sophisticated technically that it can block VPN access, then you have no other better choices left.
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
One unpopular option is to rent a computer online and remotely access it and then use it remotely to access the betting sites. This is NOT a VPN approach, so the betting sites will not be blocking your access.That is, consider this scenario:You need a PC connected to the internet with a UK IP. You found someone from the UK who wants someone like you to rent his extra PC.Then you remotely access his extra PC, and then use it to access your games sites.However, this approach is very unpractical since if you need several PCs, you need to look for several people whom you can rent their extra PCs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, this is actually the right way to do because I always find someone to provide sub account and it makes sense to provide a computer (I have a few spare computers) in their location and connected to the Internet. Would you be able to instruct how to have remote control over that computer and how I would make sure the computer is always accessible from my site?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I mean from my computer
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. This works in this manner:You need to have someone to use your computer in their location. That is, your spare PC or laptop should be setup in the other person's location, and connect to the internet there.Then, you need to install a remote tool in that computer. In your case, so that the PC is available without much intervention from that other person, I recommend using Team Viewer there.You configure Team Viewer to run automatically when the PC is turned ONThen get the code and the password ***** that Team Viewer installationIn your PC at your home, where you usually use, you need to install or use Team Viewer as wellWhen you run Team Viewer on your own PC, connect to the other PC from that other person using the credentials or information in step 4.That way, you can control the other PC from a remote location and use it like a local PC to access your bettings sites.In this method, the only restraints is the permission from that other person to keep your PC in their house always ON. If they do not want it ON always, then at least you can agree on the time you want the PC on. I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May I ask what Internet speed I may need to have a very smooth access and reduce the delay to place a bet as much as possible. 5MB, 10MB or 20MB at least?
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
10MB is reasonable but 20MB is surely better if that speed is readily available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. I will try it and let your know the outcome.
Expert:  jessmagz replied 1 year ago.
Yes please take your time. If you have a second, please rate my service positively (3 to 5 stars/faces) if this helped. We can continue chatting here any time if you need further assistance.Best regards,Jess