Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

My Kindle 2 asks to be wirelessly connected, but when I

My Kindle 2 asks to be wirelessly connected, but when I enter password ***** into the Wi-Fi page, it won't accept it. Help!
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle paperwhite. About five years
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None yet, but I've been trying several days
Assistant: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact error or message?
What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Thank you. First, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) to see if there is any key / passphrase / password *****; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, and if you have a Windows 7 or 8 or 10 laptop or wireless computer that is currently working via Wi-Fi / wireless connection, then please do the following steps on your Windows computer in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** your Windows computer:

1. On the Windows computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Solution #3:

- If that does not work, and if you have a Mac laptop or wireless computer that is currently working via Wi-Fi / wireless connection, then please do the following steps on your Mac computer in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** your Mac computer:

1. On the Mac computer, open Finder (which is the smiley face icon near the bottom left of your computer's screen), then click on Applications.
    ; (If needed, open any folder (or click on any blank space on the Desktop screen), then click on the Go menu at the very top, then click on option Applications.)
  2. Open folder Utilities.
  3. Open the item Keychain Access.
  4. If needed, select option System under Keychains column on the left.
  5. If needed, select option Password (or All Items) under Category on the left.
    - Then you will see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password; scroll down first if needed.)
  6. Double-click on your network name in order to open it.
  7. Click on the small box in front of the option Show password at the bottom.
  8. Enter your Mac computer administrator's password, and press the Return key (or click on Allow). (If you don't have a computer's password, just leave it blank and press the Returnkey.)
  9. Then you will see the password ***** the box on the right. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,