Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I cannot get wi-fi on my e-reader iashed bofore but i had to

i cannot get wi-fi on my e-reader iashed bofore but i had to leave the room
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message?

Is the Kindle ereader, or something else? Is it new or was it working fine previously?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this page. Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Window 7

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix the modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** directly through your computer for you, then it will work on your ereader:

https://tinyurl.com/ybbpdwb8
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix the modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** directly through your computer for you, then it will work on your ereader:

https://tinyurl.com/ybbpdwb8
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem / router device(s) to see if there is any passphrase / key / password *****; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please do the following steps on your wireless Windows 7 computer in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key through your computer:

1. On your Surface laptop, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Solution #3:

1. If needed, press and hold the Power on / off button / switch on your ereader for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.
  2. Then go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option on the ereader.
  3. Then select your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, then tap on the option Forget if available.
  4. Then select your Wi-Fi / wireless network name again.
  5. If prompted, enter your wireless passphrase / key / password (it is case-sensitive), and connect.
  6. Then see if it works fine now.

- What's the make / model of your e-reader?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.