Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a iMAC and I upgraded it to High Sierra and now my

Customer Question

I have a iMAC and I upgraded it to High Sierra and now my scanner MG6250 is nit working. I can still print documents but when I click navigator nothing happens.
Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: it was as before: a cable connecting my iMac 21.5 inch mid 2011, software version 10.13.1 to the MG6250
Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: what do you mean "popped up"?
Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: in the past days I used the printed and everything seemed OK. Today I wanted to scan a document and by clicking on the navigator icon nothing happened. I had to go System preferences>printer and scanner and then I was able to scan just one page. I looked in tweet and seems that Canon has not updated the software for Hugh Sierra.
Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, all the rest seems ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.