Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Problems with Android java calculator project

Customer Question

Problems with Android java calculator project - The text area does not display correct data.

Getting following errors:

Errors:

Press: 7.6 + 9  
This should all display on the TextView

Press: 12
This display as 12.00 - as decimal point has not been used, it should display as 12 only

Press: 6+4 = 1
Display 13.01
If any number is XXXXX after any result, it should set all to zero, unless user press +,-,*,/ than it should continue to hold and use for calculation

Press: +/_
Display -0.0, but should display -0 only and able to add number
Example 1: +/- 1 should get -1
Example 2: +/- able to display on the screen so if user press 4.5+5= (get 9.5) * +/-2 it should display 9.5*-2

Del button - it is working, but when it is delete all number, it should display 0

Here are all code and errors:

http://wikisend.com/download/391368/Calculator.zip

Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to answer your question today.

Does the text:
"Press"
ever display?

Does the code compile properly and produce object code / a .Class file ?

What is the time-frame for making this all work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for helping.

The app compiles and work with out any general errors, the errors are during the processing the functions.

If you create new app project and copy and paste the codes in, you will see the errors if you use the errors text file.

Given that this is for Android, I unfortunately can't work on it. I have Opted Out, opening the case to any other Expert in this category that will take on the case.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok

Just please somebody can help me, as the time is ticking.

Note: I did mention on the start that it is Android.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The expert didn't help to solve me the problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and refund your deposit.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still need help, so please keep the question active.

I was charged twice for this question. I have already request refund for the one of the payment.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

Hello. I am not sure what problem you are describing. Are you compiling C++ code on a pc for an Android calculator application? I have a background in this area, and I will do my best to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Joel

Thank you for help.

I am using eclipse to for building the Android app and java codes.

Please see the files:

If you run the codes, you will see the errors which are the problems (they are explained in the errors text file.

The system does compile without any problems, but the process is not as it should be.

I must tell you that I cannot help you at the present time. I do not do Java and I am not familiar with the Eclipse runtime environment.

I wish you good luck with your programming project, and I am sorry that I am not able to help you with your debugging.

I am going to opt out and reopen this question to anyone who knows the Java programming language.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have fixed the errors.

Could you please close the call and organise refund please.