Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Hi, I want to create an API that looks into google analytics

Customer Question

I want to create an API that looks into google analytics and exports directly into excel.
So what I'm looking for is a plugin that similar to Excellent Analytics custom made.
I not interested in buying a plugin. I want one custom made for me.
I want it to use on different accounts, so if switch accounts I can just change the API account number.
I'm also looking for the instructions how you create the api-for my reference
I'm looking for a professional who has completed this task in the past.
If you read this and you have no idea what I'm looking for . sorry but you're the wrong person for the job. Many thanks
Category: Programming
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you.

What language are you hoping to have this written in?

Best regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brandon

I don't mind as long as it works and it acts as a plugin in excel.

If you need any further information please let me know. What Language do you suggest?

We might be able to just do an Excel macro. What information are you looking to extract from the analytics so I know which one of the Google APIs to look into.

Best regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brandon

Excel marco would be very good.I wanedt to extract everything really from the api.. I'm guessing it would work like a filter but the main ones would be Revenue, orders, avo,top landing pages etc,products, but I would like the option of choosing whatever metric I wished. Is that possible?

There is a lot to the API, that is why I asked. Extracting "everything" is unlikely since there is more stuff in there than just the reporting aspects.

I am not sure this will work, though. It appears you need to create an app (typically a webapp) that will interface with the Google API to allow it access to your account, then you could use Excel to access that data but that is beyond my grasp.

So, I am sorry to say but I will opt out of this request and will allow other experts to take a look.

Best regards,
Brandon
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I saw your question and thought I should ask if you are aware of the Open Source version of Excellent Analytics?

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael.

Yes thanks. I wanted to create my own API.

Can you build it?

Yes - it would have to be done with the Google API - there is no alternative. It would require substantial effort however and be equivalent in functionality to the existing Open Source plugin. I only mention it because you referred to not wanting to pay for a plugin and I thought that was a reference to the commercial version of Excellent Analytics.

Mike
I think that ExcellentAnalytics Open Source is by far your best option, but you must have specific reasons for wanting to use your own program. It will be a big task to take on. But if you decide you want more info or if you need help with an existing plugin like ExcwllentAnalytics, let me know and I will be happy to help.

The custom software you need, unfortunately, would be beyond the scope of a project I could do through the site.

I have opted out to give other Experts the opportunity to respond as well.

Mike