Richard, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist
32989067

MALWARE INFECTION ON OUR WEBSITE - Hi! our website has been

MALWARE INFECTION ON OUR WEBSITE - Hi! our website has been infected and our hosting providers have shut it down. Need help? Thanks. Nick
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

What you need to do is use this service to scan your website and find the Malware

http://www.unmaskparasites.com/

It will tell you exactly where the Malware is, so you can remove the infected pages and code.

You have to have them bring up the website again though, as it needs to be running to do this scan.

It will then tell you exactly where the Malware is so that you can remove the pages.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - I'll go back to them now and get them to put it back up.

Nick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Nick.

Like I said, run the check and you will see where the infections are on your website.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richie,

I have spoken to our web hosting company and they say "He can download files via FTP and scan and then re-upload".

I have no idea what this means though. Is it possible?

Nick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Only if you have another web server available Nick.

eg: Another hosting service.

Do you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I'm afraid not. What can we do?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You have to have them enable the website then, so that you can scan and find the infection Nick.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you do anything through the control panel of the web hosting company. They are called FatCow.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, they need to get the website up and running, so that the scan can be done and you can remove the pages.

Tell them it only takes 15 minutes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are refusing. Thanks for your help anyway

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, but they have to understand, without it up we cannot scan it and remove the malware.

Else you would need to recreate the site again.

They're the ones that allowed it to get infected in the first place....

They should have better protection in place. It makes sense why they do not enable it for 15 minutes to resolve.