The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Knowledge in PHP, MYSQL, CSS & Javascript
62934938

I have a list with associated values that I need to assign

Customer Question

I have a list with associated values that I need to assign percentages to. It's hard to explain without showing the data.
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 3 years ago.
My Name is Andrew, I will be helping you today. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

you can upload your file by following these instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, i have the file,

what are you looking to do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Each "RUG"(RUX, RUC,RUL....) has a rate associated with it. The first thing I need is a formula that can give me one blended rate. For example I want .75 of the rate to be from the RU category and .15 from RV etc. Next at the end of each rug is a letter A,B,C,V,X... I need to be able to say that of the .75 RU's .40 should be RUC and .15 should be RUB...

I need the formula to be dynamic so I can change the percentages. Hope this is clear enough

so you want to know the totals?

So for example

if the leters in Column A start with RU you want the value in column E to be .75 of the value in column B? Then if it ends in C you want to have .40 of the .75 listed in column E, or if it ends in B, .15 of the .75 to be in column E?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct

here you go.

http://ge.tt/4LidJdk1/v/0?c

I changed your percentages for the first few rows as those are the only values you gave me.

The way this formula works, is you can put it in any cell that needs a percentage.

I added sheet 3.

I sheet 3 you will see a table of 4 columns

column A contains the start letters you want to look for

and B has its associated percentage

Same thing with columns C and D, but it is the End letter of the 3 letter combination you want to search for.

You can add as many rows as you need to that table, if a value is not found in that table the formula will assume 100% or 1 for that section, for example if you search for RUZ and there is no Z in the table in column C, it will just assume you want the RU percentage of .75

It is getting late where I am, if you need any changes, I will address it in the morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE SMILEY FACES BENEATH THIS ANSWER

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

you never told me if it worked or not.

I could correct any problems.

REMEMBER IF YOU DO NOT RATE I GET ZERO

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE RATING SYSTEM LET ME KNOW
are you seeing my messages?