Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

there, is it possible someone can do a Visual Basic

Customer Question

Hi there, is it possible someone can do a Visual Basic programming exercise for me? Please see below, can someone complete this?

Write an application that reads in your chosen 6 Lotto numbers (via the interface List Box control, allowing you to add and remove your chosen numbers) Once you are happy with your numbers, provide a search functionality that will indicate whether your chosen numbers have won in the past few weeks. If you match 4 you will win €250. If you match 5, then you will win €2500 and if you match 6 you win the Jackpot! The last 10 Lotto draws are stored in a text file with the following format dd-MM-yyyy, no1, no2, no3, no4, no5, no6, Jackpot For example 03-02-2015, 4, 10, 19, 20, 34, 40,(###) ###-####31-01-2015, 8, 12, 14, 23, 38, 39,(###) ###-####27-01-2015, 7, 15, 17, 27, 37, 41,(###) ###-####… Display a break down of your winnings, including a long date format (e.g. convert from 03-02-2015 to “3rd Feb 2015”), number of matches and the amount you won on that date, as well as the overall total. (Yes we are being highly optimistic that we have multiple wins!!) Provide this breakdown as either (a) HTML output in a WebBrowser control or (b) as nicely formatted plain text in a label control (using dashes and pipes, “-“ and “|”, to display a table) --------------------------------------- | 3rd Feb 2015 | Matched 6 |(###) ###-####| --------------------------------------- | 31st Jan 2015 | Matched 4 | 250 | ---------------------------------------

Note: • Validate all inputs • Provide documentation (inline comments) • Use only keywords and inbuilt functions seen in class – Mid, Len, InStr, CStr, Cint, IsNumeric etc • Do not use any Visual Basic objects other than Interface controls and ones we have seen in the class/module notes • Make good use of assignments, conditional statements, loops, procedures and arrays at the very least.

Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 2 years ago.
I can do this one for you - what version of VB (Visual Studio) are you using? 2010 or 2012 perhaps? Were yo given an input file with the drawn numbers as described?
And, when is this due?
Thanks,
Ingo U
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, Visual Basic 2012 would be better, is that possible? I need it by Saturday week, is that possible?
Expert:  Ingo U replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that should be no problem. I'll be in touch.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 2 years ago.
here's what I've done based on the posted assignment:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2efp0c54rgortkb/Lotto.1.zip?dl=0
(Be sure to unzip to a folder on your machine, then open solution file)
Please let me know if you need any changes - functional, visual, anything.
Regards,
Ingo
Expert:  Ingo U replied 2 years ago.
just following up, were you able to use my solution?
Please feel free to post any questions or requests you may have.
If you're satisfied with the result, please don't forget to rate my service, otherwise I don't get paid for my work.
If not, please let me know what isn't right yet and I'll do my best to fix it.
Regards,
Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 2 years ago.
Please feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
If you're satisfied with the result, please don't forget to rate my service - otherwise, I don't get paid for my work.
If not, please let me know what is missing. I will do my best to make it right for you.
Regards,
Ingo U