Russell H.
Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

How can I implement a linear temporal logic formula using Java

How can I implement a linear temporal logic formula using Java ?!!
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I can instruct you how to implement or 'spell out' mathematical formulas in Java code. Is the context, the whole application, what you are asking about, or only just the coding of a linear temporal logic formula ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your response ..

I am asking about just the coding of a linear temporal logic formula ..

OK. Please tell me about the formula - or do you just need instructions in the principles in general, of coding logic formulae?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well there is no specific formula just I need instructions on how to code such formulas in Java (creating a class that holds an LTL formula)..

OK, if you know how to create and code (in outline or in general) a Java CLASS file, then you just need instruction on the LTL formulae, their coding in general, or an example of one. This will take me a little time to prepare (if it turns out I'm not too incompetent to understand the formulae you have asked about - remotely possible, honestly, though I'm good enough at mathematical notation and concepts...) - How much time may I take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I know the coding in general .. I will appreciate your help in this if you can ..

The mathematical notations in this are not hard to understand they are all about diamonds and boxes, you will understand them if you just check the wikipedias explaining these notations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_temporal_logic

an example of LTL formula might be :

[]p -> []!q

You may have a day as I need it tomorrow night ..

OK. Expect more - hopefully a post with your answer - by tonight sometime in the evening (EDT, Eastern Time Zone US.) Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alright ,

Thanks a lot ..

I am starting work on it now. All's OK so far.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okey, thanks ..

LTL is used to analyze Java code.

As for implementing such formulae, there is no established system that I can find, of implementing such mathematical methods in Java code.

The nearest Java has to such operators is the logical AND and the logical OR. Ref: Java Operators summary:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/opsummary.html

LTL can be coded in the Maude language, I think, though that fact is not clear.

There is no direct way of putting LTL into Java. But, indirectly, might be possible. But the context would have to be specified, since direct encoding of LTL quantities and operators is not possible in Java.