IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Re enable macros

Customer Question

re enable macros
Category: Programming
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** describe the problem in more details so that I can better assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had to install another program and when I reopened Word 10 -- which had been working normally, it informed me that my Custom Macros had been disabled for safety. I've tried following the instructions for re-enabling the macros, but I'm doing something wrong because I've failed to succeed each time. Help needed urgently.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Here is how to fully enable Macros in Word: 1. Start Microsoft Word2. Click on File and then Options3. Click the Trust Center tab and then the Trust Center Settings... button4. A new window will appear with several tabs on the left. First, click the Macro Settings tab5. There select to Enable all macros and check the check-box below it6. Click OK to save the changes and close the windows7. Now exit and re-start Word. All macros should now be allowed If you have already done that and you still see some security warnings, then click the Trust Center Settings... button again and review all the tabs on the left. For the Trusted Locations tab, you can add a new folder that contains your Word documents. Opening Word documents for that folder won't trigger any security warnings.For the Protected View tab, you can un-check the check-boxes.Save the changes by clicking OK. Exit and re-start Word and check the results.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box.

Thanks,
IT Miro