ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

One of the most important parts of a security audit is the

Customer Question

One of the most important parts of a security audit is the vulnerability assessment. Perform a vulnerability assessment of your computer and IT related system. You will also be required to conduct a vulnerability assessment using Nessus and another tool
of your choice on your own network (SNORT). Your report should be around 4000 words and must cover the following: • Introduction to the purpose and differences of security audits and vulnerability assessments. • How the approach to conducting vulnerability
assessments differ depending on the size of the organization. • Manually (i.e. without using any network discovery tools) Identify the main hosts on your network. • Explain any legal issues regarding the conducting of the vulnerability assessment, both in
general and also for your own network, and how you ensured that no laws were broken. o Computer Misuse Act UK o Data Communications Act UK • The following are practical in nature and apply to your own system/network/computing environment. o A specific plan
of your proposed vulnerability assessment • Just scanning a device for open ports is not enough • Identify and explain any factors that would affect the completeness of the tests o Use two of the network/host vulnerability assessment tools on your system •
Justify your choice of the other vulnerability assessment tool that you chose to use in addition to Nessus. • Plan your work as some versions of Nessus are time limited. • Explain the configurations that you chose and selected for each package explaining why
they are suitable, and why others are not, for your particular vulnerability assessment plan. • Report on the results of the tools. • Do they return the same results? Explain any differences or similarities. • EXPLAIN the top 3 vulnerabilities discovered and
how they would affect you. If you just present the remark from the vulnerability scanning tool without a proper explanation/interpretation then you will not get marks for this section. • Explain the Actions/recommendations that you undertook to address the
top 3 vulnerabilities and the results of retesting. Marks will be awarded for quality and depth of writing and also presentation (i.e. it must be well written and not consist of a number of bullet point like statements). You will also need to include an introduction,
conclusion, bibliography/references and results of your tests.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com Let me understand your question. You want us to write for you a 4000 word report, with all of these requirements you have listed, within the report. All for twenty bux.I think you have listed your question/task in the wrong category.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I did find it very strange that this was the maximum that I would be charged. I thought it would be higher than this.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Did you want me to keep looking for an expert to assist you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiThanks but I have already started it. Deadline is fast approaching!