Russell H.
Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

Why is my background image loading in pixels?

Why is my background image loading in pixels? http://quintissential.com/
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Probably because it is too magnified, presented at too large a scale, or perhaps because the width= or Width and the height= or Height attributes for the background image, are too large.

To clarify: if you have a background image that is 10 px by 10 px, and you set the background image height and width to 100 or 1000 px, then you have the original image 'stretched' to the point where its component 10 px wide are stretched out to 100 or 1000 pixels wide... presenting it as enlarged pixel information, that way.

So check your height and width assignments for that image, and/or for the background image, in your web forms, CSS code, and headers, and see if that's the cause. It certainly sounds like the likely cause of this sort of problem.

If that cannot be the problem, tell me more and I will advise you further.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Russell, thank you for your help - would you mind reloading the page? I think it is now fixed - do you agree?Warm regards,
Neo
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oops, no, sorry - it isn't fixed. I'm exploring your advice again.

I cannot see the page you are working with - I have no access to your computer, if you were thinking I did have such a view or such access. Let me know how it goes, and ask for further details as needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Aha! it is the website link in the question http://quintissential.comhere is the CSSbody > .row.green-pattern-row {
max-width: none;
background-image: url('../picture-optimized.png');
background-attachment: fixed;
}The background image is http://quintissential.com/gfx/bgs/picture-optimized.png and I think that's where the problem is.I will try linking to the original image.Thank you.

What I see, in that background image, is a nice large mostly blue image. No sign of 'pixelation'.... what do you see that you mean by that term? I'm not sure I understood you accurately.

As for the website address... let me inspect that...

Viewed at full-scale, that background image has a sort of 'pebbling' of specks on it. Is that what you mean? if so, as I see it, your background image is defective - somehow produced with that pebbling/foreground.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that's exactly what I mean. Thank you.

If I have answered your question, then before you go, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done on getting you the right answer to your question. Thanks! and have a great day.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you have, Russell, and I am pretty sure I have fixed it by restoring the original image (before I "optimized" it. LOL. Thank you so much.

Optimizing or stretching or various operations, on image files, always need a glance and a trifle of quality control inspection, afterward. But working fast can obviate that, deadlines etc. I understand that.

Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.