Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a similar - but not the same problem that I had last

Customer Question

I have a similar - but not the same problem that I had last yr. Same op system. This info may not be in chronological order, but I shall try. good working machine this morning. Opened Outlook, clicked on a e from a recognised party post 'send/receive' and all froze. Opening task manager to close the prog did not do it, as that froze too, together with all other programme icons. Where I am now after some many hours is [a] on boot up, 'Welcome' page appear in the colours/appearance as normal; post sign in, it changes to black on white. If I work within Excel, all looks very odd [I would describe it as a grey/white out', and if I enter something in a colour, such as red, that does not appear on screen. Ditto x Word. Re Explorer, that is also - and is as I now type - white background, black type. Programme icons [Word, Excel, Outlook] are very odd, not as usual. I am able to access all my programmes - tho' their appearance is not normal, is the grey/white look I mention above - EXCEPT Outlook where the problem, I believe, originated. I have tried over and again to access Outlook but it is frozen [again odd appearance] and all I get is a scrolling wheel, scrolling and scrolling and then for fun, continuing to scroll. Have I explained myself at all well or not? Do ask me anything and pls let me know if you can help. Should like to know if your rates have changed since last I was in touch. and I need your help if you think you know the likely source of the problem, and how it may be resolved. Am somewhat stymied here .. best, Trish

THIS IS NOT A GENERAL QUESTION.  I did think I selected 'Computer/IT, or similar'   Please direct to a computer specialist.   Thank you.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

I see that your question has been sitting here for a while.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.