CS
CS, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Extensive experience with any type of support for Windows, Mac and Linux.
52556338

"for logicpro only" Hi I have a new project for you it is

Customer Question

"for logicpro only"
I have a new project for you it is quite complex and will involve several stages of programming, this is an assignment/homework project
would you be interested in working on this
regards
billy
Category: Computer
Expert:  CS replied 3 years ago.

CS :

If you are ok with somebody else working on this I can possibly help you out. If you still would require logic-pro I can forward the question to him.

Customer:

I was asking for logicpro as i like his work and he has done loads for me in the past, so if possible i would like him, if he is unavailable or can not do it then some one else will do

CS :

Can you provide more details on the project you need help with? I can then see if he can help you with this project otherwise I can do it for you.

CS :

ok, I can get this done for you. What is the deadline for each level?

Customer:

I need the initial planning and pseudo code for level 1 by wednesday please, the other 3 parts i will need within 1-2 weeks, but can you send them 1 level at a time in order that i can test and evaluate, i will of course include a very generous bonus for you upon completion.

Customer:

regards

Customer:

Billy

CS :

sounds good.

CS :

I'll get back to you as I am finishing tasks.

Customer:

Hi CS, just to be clear in my own mind i did mention that this code ect is to be written in Java, as this is the only code that we are using at present, hopefully you did know this, and apologies if i forgot to mention it, any problems please mail me, regards, billy

CS :

Off-course. the document says java project so it was pretty obvious.

Customer:

My apologies, just so used to seeing the name Java that i did not realise that it was on the document, Billy

CS :

Hi Billy, I need a couple of clarifications in regards XXXXX XXXXX level 1 task.
1. The assignment mentions using arrays. I wanted to know whether using arraylists is acceptable.
2. If Arraylists are not acceptable are two dimensional arrays ok or do you need a separate array for each

CS :

piece of information (value, model and make)

CS :

It's night here (I'm on Pacific time) so I'll check for your reply first thing in the morning and send you the first part.

Customer:

Dea\r CS, I like you can only go by the information provided, but my gut feeling is seperate arrays for each piece of information, regards, Billy

CS :

Hi Billy, here is the level 1 task:
www.nemanautah.net/files/CarDbApp.zip

CS :

Please check it out and let me know if there is anything more you need me to add. I assume you know how to run it to test the functionality. If not just ask me.

Customer:

Hi CS, yeah thats good done a couple of entries and tested criteria, looking forward to level 2A, regards, Billy

CS :

sounds good

CS, Computer Scientist
Experience: Extensive experience with any type of support for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi CS,

Just a quick message to find out how you are doing with Level 2A, as i will need to do all the documentation on the new code ect. by weeks end.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Billy

Expert:  CS replied 3 years ago.
Hi Billy,
I'm almost done with level 2A, I will send it to you tonight.
I should also have 2B done by Wednesday or Thursday.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi CS,

Thats excellent news.

thank you.

Billy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi CS,

Any news on level 2 A, as I would like to start the testing tonight.

Billy

Expert:  CS replied 3 years ago.
Hi Billy,
Here it is: http://www.nemanautah.net/files/CarDbApp2A.zip
Keep in mind that with the current implementation data loaded from file will override any data we already entered manually. Based on the project specs this is the conlcusion I came to.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

CS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi CS,

Just tried the program, when declaring a new file, do I have to name the file name and path, .ie F: bills car data

as when I tried to enter a new file ot threw up exceptions, maybe I am not knowledgeable enough to create this?

also does this have to be on the code: package com.cardb;

look forward to hearing from you,

Billy

Expert:  CS replied 3 years ago.
Just enter the name of the file. It will create it in the directory the program in running. You can also enter the absolute path. I suggest you run the program and enter some date and then select save to file. Then enter the name of the file and then the file will be created.

I'm online so check it out and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi CS

when I went to save to file it threw an exeception again, here is the exception code; xception in thread "main" java.util.InputMismatchException
at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Scanner.java:840)
at java.util.Scanner.next(Scanner.java:1461)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2091)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2050)
at com.cardb.CarDBApp2A.main(CarDBApp2A.java:365)
Java Result: 1

I am probably saving it wrong, my file name was bills car database

regards

billy

Expert:  CS replied 3 years ago.
that doesn't seem right. the exception is thrown at a different part of the code. Can you describe the steps you took after running the code?
Expert:  CS replied 3 years ago.
This might help:
http://www.nemanautah.net/files/ct.html