Ryan Ford
Ryan Ford, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a certified computer technician with years of experience. Glad to help with any issue.
70461416

In PC days I edited a film using Adobe Premiere Pro. I now

Customer Question

In PC days I edited a film using Adobe Premiere Pro. I now need to re-edit but have moved to Mac and Final Cut Pro 7. The file types are now incompatible and I no longer have a PC. Is there any way I can convert? the Adobe file extension is .prproj
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan Ford replied 4 years ago.

Ryan Ford :

Hi, I am Ryan and I can assist you with this.

Ryan Ford :

your .prproj files are just saved states from the adobe premier program. They don't actually contain any video themselves. They are only for Adobe Premier.

Ryan Ford :

Pretty much every video editor does the same thing. When you save your video in the editor, it saves a project file which contains all the edits you have done, which transitions and filters you applied, etc...

Ryan Ford :

The video is still in the original video files untouched. Its not until you "render" the video that it is output in finished form in the format you chose.

Ryan Ford :

Were you able to see the text i put in before you were in the chat session?