Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have a samsung laptop with win8 but I want to downgrade to

Customer Question

I have a samsung laptop with win8 but I want to downgrade to Windows 7 (not xp) How can I do this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Did the laptop come pre-installed with Windows 8? Also, do you have a Windows 7 installation disk with you, please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes pre-installed but no installation disk for win7

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hmm; okay. First off, you will need to purchase a Full Windows 7 (Home Premium) installation disk; you may get a copy off Amazon, as follows:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Premium-Version/dp/B002DUCMT2/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

Having gotten the disk, you will simply need to boot up using the installation disk, and follow these steps to install Windows 7 (and remove Windows 8) accordingly:

Step 1 - Place the Windows 7 DVD in your dvd-rom drive and start your PC. Windows 7 will start to boot up.

Step 2 - The next screen allows you to set up your language, time and currency format, keyboard or input method. Choose your required settings and click Next to continue.

Step 3 - The next screen allows you to install or repair Windows 7. Since we are doing a clean install we will click on "Install Now".

Step 4 - Read the license terms and tick 'I accept' . Then click Next to continue.

Step 5 - You will now be presented with two options. Upgrade or Custom (Advanced). Since we are doing a clean install we will select Custom (Advanced).

Step 6 - Make sure to "Format" your C: drive partition first, in order to remove Windows 8, then choose where you would like to install Windows 7. Click Next to continue.

Step 7 - Windows 7 starts the installation process and starts copying all the necessary files to your hard drive. Follow the on-screen directions, and you will be good to go.

Hope it helps. Do let me know if there's anything else I could help you with. Thanks!