Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Acer advised me to restore as there were problems about Malware,

Customer Question

Acer advised me to restore as there were problems about Malware, it suggested I restore to "factory level" although I would lose "c files data and some programs, the restore would bring it back to how I first got it. after it was restored. I had local connection only and could not re-install my printer due to local connection. I have just sought advice, and was told it would cost me £65.00. Which in my opinion, is unfair because if Acer had told me " on restoration, you will no longer be connected and you will have to pay a price to reconnect, I would have sought advice from some one who was an experienced user. Basically Acer has stopped an Old age pensioner from using the internet because of an ill advised answer just so Acer could make more Money to their meagre coffers. So is it possible to return my laptop back to its state before I restored, as £65.00p is 3/4% of my weekly pension
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

To confirm, your issue is your computer is not connecting to the internet at the moment.

Is this correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Although I can browse any web page, I can not download. My signal icon states " no access" yet my server ( sky broadband) states 2excellent signal. When I tried to re-install my printer software and drivers, it stated could not install local connection only use installation disc after running disc, it stated can not install, "NO SPOOLER" install spooler manually. after trying to install, it stated could not install, local connection only. I need to get fully connected so I can download

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and try to download.

I also want you to click Start, type in

services.msc

Press enter.

Look for Printer Spooler, click this and make sure it is started (it will indicate this). Also, make sure it's startup is set to Automatic.

Then try to install your printer Joe.

I am here till we get this fixed, so just reply to me if you have any difficulties please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I done as you instructed, it came back with error 1053

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Joe

Can you click my link below and Download and Install the Update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Once you have Downloaded and Installed it, restart your computer and try again.

Tell me please if you are still getting the same error.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi I'm sorry still in the same predicament. I couldn't reply any sooner as I had to be somewhere else. I now believe that any help I tried to get up to now, has exceeded the cost of a new and more advanced laptop, t have paid out over £600.00p in costs for help, and I'm in the same predicament as I was before I had paid a penny,

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Hi Joe,

I can only of advised you came here first.

But, we are going to need to do a reinstall of windows.

First, backup any data you need to keep, Off the computer onto a memory stick of Flash Drive.

Then turn off the computer

Hold ALT and turn it on and with ALT help down, keep tapping F10 until you see the recovery manager.

Follow the steps here to perform a Factory Recovery which is going to reinstall windows, resolving this corruption.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further