Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

my asus will not connect to int

Customer Question

my asus will not connect to int
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your asus computer? Is it a laptop or desktop? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Was it working previously? Have you tried a system restore yet?

Is this wired or wireless connection issue?

If you connect the asus computer to the modem/router device with an Ethernet/network cable, does internet work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

laptop windows 7 wirless

Does it see your wireless network name?

When did it stop working?

Can you connect the asus computer to the modem/router device with an Ethernet/network cable, and see if the internet works or not?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

network is ok stopped working yesterday just says you are not connected to internet on opening page but the comp I am using now is fine

Have you disconnected the power cable from the modem/router for a few minutes, and check yet?

Can you click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have restored files still not connected is asking that airplane mode is switched off and wireless switch is on but do not know where to find these

Can you check at the back/bottom of the asus laptop for the exact model, such as UX32A-DB31 ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

X 401 A

Thank you for the info. Are you sure it has windows 7 or 8?

Have you tried pressing at the same time the two keys Fn and F2 in order to turn on/off the wi-fi/wireless?

graphic

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

brings the wireless icon on but still will not connect

Sorry. When you click on the wireless icon, does it see your wireless network name and/or your neighbor's wireless?

If yes, what happens when you connect to your wireless network name? Does it give any error or message?

Can you test connecting the asus computer to the modem/router device with an Ethernet/network cable, and see if the internet works or not?

graphic

Edit: It looks like you've gone away, so I'm going offline for now also. Please reply back when you are available to continue. If you can connect an Ethernet cable from the laptop to the modem/router, then we can set up a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix the laptop's wireless issue directly for you. Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cannot always get the icon when I do f2 and fn together when it does come on I get no name cannot connect to router as alredy have this comp in

Sorry, can you connect the asus computer to the modem/router device with an Ethernet/network cable to get the internet working temporarily, then I can set up a screen sharing session on that laptop, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you?

Edit: It looks like you've gone away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you.