Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

my aol news feed has stopped working i cant access any programmes

Customer Question

my aol news feed has stopped working i cant access any programmes unless it is from the first search box and my ebay has stopped showing me all pictures of items i am looking at
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Brandon and I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

Do you use any other internet browser other than the one built into AOL?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I have used google before when for some reason the computer has decided to change
BeBoo :

Do pages fail to load properly in Google Chrome?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Computer update changed to google chrome toolbar but it is only aol at the moment
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Yes
BeBoo :

You should have Internet Explorer installed. Can you try to load the pages in there to see if they fail as well?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I am afraid I am not very good with comp
BeBoo :

Its ok. Under the start button in the lower left corner, choose All Programs. Under there, you should see Internet Explorer.

BeBoo :

Open that up and try to access something like www.ebay.com

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : itcomputer just brings it back to aol
BeBoo :

It is probably just the AOL homepage. Try going to www.ebay.com

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : It is doing the same only showing a few items
BeBoo :

Are you chatting with me from the same computer?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : noitems I on my iPhone can't get mail to ope n and no message came through on comp
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : loading circle just keeps spinning
BeBoo :

Ok. Do you see the little gear/cog in the upper right corner of the window?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Yes
BeBoo :

Great. Click that, then Internet Options. Go to the last tab (Advanced) and click Reset Internet Explorer. Check the checkbox in the next window and confirm the reset. Once that is done, close all your browser windows, open Internet Explorer again and try to access ebay.

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : doTesco I have to restart comp as it says restart Internet ex
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : It is still doing the same
BeBoo :

You restarted first, right?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Yes
BeBoo :

Ok, can you try resetting your modem (BT HomeHub if you have BT service)? This can sometimes effect the loading of pages.

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Ok
BeBoo :

I need to step away for about an hour or so. Do you mind waiting or would you like me to opt out so another expert can assist you in the meantime?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I shall wait until you are back
BeBoo :

Awesome. I will be back shortly.

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Hi when I sighn in to eBay a page tells me browser setting prevent auto redirecting to new URL click to continue
BeBoo :

Sorry it took so long. I am back.

BeBoo :

Would you like to do a remote control session so that I can see the problem and attempt to fix it for you?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : What does that involve
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I am going out in an hour if we can do the remote in that time that would be good otherwise would have to be tomorrow
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Can you tell me when you shall be online
BeBoo :

Sorry, it has been a busy weekend for me. I will be online tomorrow from around 3 PM to 9 PM your time (assuming GMT).

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Are you going to be online today if not could you refer me to someone else thanks
BeBoo :

I am online today until about 8pm your time.

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : Hi I am ready you said something about a remote
BeBoo :

I am here. Yes, we have remote control that might help me see what is going on and possibly fix it for you.

BeBoo :

Are you still interested?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : yes
BeBoo :

Great. Please go to http://join.me and click Start Meeting. Run the program that downloads. From there, you should have a small window at the very top of your screen with 9 digits in it. Can you provide that?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I have a log in and a in it together
BeBoo :

I don't know what you mean. You don't need to log in. Just click Start Meeting

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : It does not say start meeting
BeBoo :

There should be a big button in the middle

BeBoo :

That says Start Meeting

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : there is no big button I have an empty box at the top it says free trial what is it enterprise apps help in it together or log in
BeBoo :

Scroll down a bit, perhaps. There is a button that says Start meeting and one that says Join meeting

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I have clicked log in and it has gave 3boxes saying free trial abutting saying access computer from any where second one says automate it tasks and third support end users on mac pcs and mobile devises
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : there is no scroll down just an empty page with a black outlined empty box at the bottom it has two symbols one saying blog and second looks like three joined dots
BeBoo :

See here:

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I don't have that window
BeBoo :

Can you try a different browser like Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : ii toyed to install Firefox but it tells me can't initialise installer GUI
BeBoo :

What are you using now? Internet Explorer?

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : YES
BeBoo :

I'm sorry but I am out of ideas at the moment and will opt out to allow another expert to assist you.

JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : OK
JACUSTOMER-pfpsdef1- : I have just found the page with google
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when opening a program (not from Search)? Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you?

Please let me know. Thank you.