Joshua C.
Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

i have an lg smart tv with an internet dongle. when i plug

Customer Question

i have an lg smart tv with an internet dongle. when i plug the dongle in it shows a low
connection, but my laptop signal is ok would a wifi signal booster that i can plug in to the house wiring improve my reception
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

ITCris :

ITCris :

Thanks for using the site to ask your question, I am Cris.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me the make and model number of your current wireless router? Also about how far is the TV from your router?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi cris

i live in spain my router was supplied by telefonica the main ph'oneline provider. as to the position of the router this is upstairs and my tv is downstairs,but the signal i receive on my laptop is ok

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
OK,

Wireless signal should be able to travel about 50 feet in distance. However that will reduce depending on the objects between the 2 devices that will weakend the signal.

Make sure that your wireless router has some open space if you have it laying on the floor. Try elevating it on top of a table and clearing anything that maybe around to open the signal up more.

If the signal is still to weak on your TV. Then you may want to add a singal extender to your home. I have provided a link for a very good device which I use and recommend to clients to extend the signal of WiFi in their homes.

Click here>>>Hawking Extender

The device comes with instructions and disc for installation. Very simple to setup.

Let me know if you any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Expert:  Joshua C. replied 4 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did ITCris's answer help?

Let me know,