Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have been a memberof the mail rewards club since it started

Customer Question

I have been a memberof the mail rewards club since it started I have to enter a password XXXXX the beginning and every thing works fine and I have never had any trouble but three days ago the system entered an "x" at the end of the box in which I have to enter the password XXXXX meant the password XXXXX delete Any ideas how I can get rid of the "x"
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be helping you,

Which web browser are you using -- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome?

Also, do you have XP, Vista, or 7?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

7

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Which web browser are you using?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

internet explorer

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Please press CTRL and D on your keyboard to save this page as a favorite/bookmark or return through your email links if you setup your email address with Justanswer. The steps below will cause you to lose connection with our chat for a couple of minutes.

Exit ALL Internet Explorer windows (You MUST include this window as well) If you have any windows open then it will not allow you to complete the process.

Click on START

Type in inetcpl.cpl then press enter

The Internet Options dialog box appears

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

Start Internet Explorer again and try again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have entered a password at the start but the system added an "x" some three days ago so despite adding my daiiy numbers all was deleted Any ideas how it can be got rid of

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
It appears that you never saw my answer from yesterday, please try this..

Click on START

Type in inetcpl.cpl then press enter

The Internet Options dialog box appears

Click the Advanced tab.