SkillJim
SkillJim, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Have diplomacy in Computer Science, and can help with a number of subject areas.
74775890

Trying to install DVD writer 22x on Packard bell under vista

Customer Question

Trying to install DVD writer 22x on Packard bell under vista windows nothing is showing up please help me am now at my wits end
Category: Computer
Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.

SkillJim : Hi there my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to help
Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.

Hi, sorry for the long reply from my earlier message, there was an error with the live chat which has now been fixed.

I was going to ask you a few questions about your situation first, just to get a better understanding of where you currently stand.

Firstly, did you install the DVD writer drive yourself into the computer, or did the drive come with your computer? I was wondering if maybe it had not been fitted correctly.

Secondly, is there any noticible LED lights on the drive, ie. green lights, solid or blinking whislt your computer is running? Also does the drive respond when you press the eject button?

Finally could you tell me what is happening now you are attempting to run the cd that came with the dvd drive, is the software running but not detecting the drive, or is something else occuring?

Thanks for any information you can provide me, and i'll try my best to continue to aid you whilst we figure out the problem. I already have a couple of suggestions ready, but will wait until you respond with my requested information.

All the best,
James.