Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Hi I have just tried saving a movie on moviemaker but it is

Customer Question

Hi I have just tried saving a movie on moviemaker but it is not displaying the images only the narration, please can you advise me what to do as it is a university project.
Toni
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Are you saving the movie as a project in Movie Maker with .wlmp extension? Also, how did you add the images? Are these images stored in your local computer or in a USB Flash drive?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it has saved with the .wmp extension, the images are on the laptop. When I save project to computer and then view folder it shows the images on the left hand side of the movie maker screen and the narration plays but there are no images on the movie maker screen.

Toni

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Toni,

Is the .wlmp file too big in size? If not, can you send it to me so that I can check it myself? If it is possible, you can upload it at http://wikisend.com. No need to register there, just upload then give me the 6-digit File ID or download link so that I can get your sample wlmp file.

Now, going to to the problem. Please try to follow this principle in creating your movies in Movie Maker.
  1. Create a new folder right fromthe very start and right BEFORE you even open Movie Maker.
  2. Copy all the components for your movie (pictures, video clips, sounds) to this same folder.
  3. Open Movie Maker then create your movie.
  4. Save the project movie to this folder.
Give it a try and see if the pictures are still missing.

Keep me posted.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess,

Thank you, I will try that, but sorry could you just tell me how to open a new folder, sorry not very good at this!

Toni

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Toni,

The first thing that I see as a problem in your case is that the references to the images in your movie project could have been broken causing the images NOT to show up.

Here are the steps that you can try to start your Movie Maker project.
  1. DO NOT open Movie Maker yet
  2. Go to Start then click on Documents. All your documents shall be shown there this time.
  3. In that window, please locate the New Folder button at the top. Click on it to create a new folder. Name that folder anything like "My Movies"
  4. See my screen shot:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

5. Now, you shall have a NEW folder found in your Documents folder

After that, please COPY ALL of the pictures that you intend to add in your movie project to the My Movies folder that you just created.

After doing that, all ingredients for your movie will be ready. This time, open your Movie Maker then try to create a new project. When you add pictures, navigate to Documents => My Movies and you shall see the copied pictures there.

When you SAVE the movie, please save it also to Documents => My Movies folder.

Then see if all images are now shown in the movie.

One more thing, when you are in Movie Maker and you added pictures already, click on the PLAY button to preview your movie. You shall see from there if the images are showing or not.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Register Here

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Toni,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Jess