Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Hi I have plesk control panel 11, I want to move my saved

Customer Question

I have plesk control panel 11, I want to move my saved website from backup to plesk but not sure a way forward the website was made by ex we designer in asp format php just seems lots of different files
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question. There should be a directory for the root of the website. Where that is will depend on your hosting provider. Who provides the hosting for your website?

Mike

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

yes I hosts with fast hosts where I have a dedicated server, The website was built on this server and has been established on internet for 12 months, Suddenly after couple months I lost rankins and eventually ip address black listed.

I have managed to de list ip address now but website nowhere to be seen on the net. I was told to back up all files from server and rebuild with plesk control panel.

all done but have no clues where to reinstate the backup on rebuilt server with plesk.

I will try root directory

thanks for your help

Michael... is this a new server altogether, but with the same host?

Do you have any idea why it was blacklisted? This area is one of my strenghts, so if you need help with any part of it, let me know. I deal a LOT with SEO on my own properties and troubleshooting others (no one else can actually do SEO on your sites as well as you can yourself, so I don't claim to... but I can definitely help you fix it).

The full path to the web root on Fasthosts is:
\\<server>\domains\<1st letter>\<domain name>\user\htdocs

on a unix system using FTP:
/home/<server>/<1st letter>/<domain name>/user/htdocs/

Basically "htdocs". Is that where you backed up from originally? It should be the same place that you backed up from. If you have a database that the site uses, that will be another consideration.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure why the ip address was black listed , I can only think of past week before blacl listed I received 100s of spam email.

forgive me but I am still learning with this side of business

the back up is mapped on new server with new ip address if you wish to remotely access this server and back up system mapped to this driver Z

go on to remote desktop and use ip address of server is 88.208.230.223

user name administrator

password is [email protected]

I tried getting to that IP as Plesk (port 8443) and also as a remote desktop connection, but ti doesn't accept those credentials.

Mike
That's what I am doing as well and it says that my credentials didn't work and that my login attempt failed.

I was able to get in... username is administrator with a lower case a.

OK... what I see here is... that you have a great deal of work ahead of you.

It looks like the root folder for your website in IIS on this server is:
D:\Inetpub\vhosts\default\htdocs

I don't know what is behind their recommendation to use Plesk to move the files over. I do see the mapped drive and files that appear to be from the site there, but I also see folders for SQL server and Visual Studio. There are several folders that could hold your site files - one of the is z:\carleasignfinance

If this is the case, then everything under the www folder should be copied to the D:\Inetpub\vhosts\default\htdocs folder on the new server.

That being said, this could be the tip of the iceburg in terms of moving the site. Without knowing anything about the site design, it's impossible for me to tell you for sure if this is all that is needed. I see some data files that are quite large that might be part of the site, but I don't have any way of knowing what they were used for.

Did the person or people who suggested this suggest any type of plan for migrating? I don't want to scare you, but this could be a substantial undertaking. Is the current site live?

Mike