Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Im trying to play WoT and know there is a problem with Internet

Customer Question

I'm trying to play WoT and know there is a problem with Internet explorer 10 so have removed and now running IE9 but I still can't get any further into the site than the login page, any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Jon! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there issue with any other web page?

Can we do a remote session, so I can chat with you and help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Viet

can't do it 2night. nearly midnight. I will catch 2moro if that's OK

Jon

No problem. Tomorrow, please try the following:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows and folders.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  6. Then check.

If that does not work, please download and install Firefox browser at the website:
http://www.firefox.com
, then open Firefox, then go to the world of tanks game website in Firefox, and see if you can log in and play the game in Firefox.

If all fails or if you'd like to, we can set up a remote session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you. Good night!

Edit: Please let me know if you still need help with this issue. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Viet,

further to the previous question regarding graphics card, I have replaced with the new one you recommended Saphire HD5450, however it still does not work, no picture on HDMI cable or the ordinary cable.

Is it the mother board? I have no ideas now

Can you help?

Jon

I'm sorry, please try with the ordinary monitor cable. Have you tried different pci-e slot on the motherboard?

Can you go to bios/setup menu and disable the onboard graphics, etc., or set the pci-e graphics card as the default/main, etc.? ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Viet,

already tried monitor cable instead of HDMI cable but no picture.

There is only one PCIE slot, blue in colour.

Then below is pci 1 and pci 2 they are differently slotted, white in colour and the card will not fit.

There is a much smaller slot in black marked PCIE 1 but that has only 17 contacts.

Any ideas?

Jon

Were you able to go to BIOS/Setup menu? Usually, you would press key F1 (or F2, or Del) right after turning on the computer. Thank you