Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just taken delivery of my BT Vision box. Connected all

Customer Question

I have just taken delivery of my BT Vision box. Connected all the cables to my T.V. and realised I had to connect to my broadband. Used the extra kit connected to TV and power supply then from hub to power supply and noyhing. My TV and vision box is in the original house and my PC and hub are in my extended part of the house. The electrical mains cable came in to the distribution box in the original house and a mains feed was taken from there into a new distribution box serving the extension. What is my problem and how do I solve it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Hi there and welcome

When you say nothing, do you mean no power?

Or no Internet on the Vision Box?

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 years ago.

What colour are the Data lights please?

http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2673070/1346669984/redirect/1

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My Vision box is working now but I have no internet connection working due to the hub being in a different part of the house from the Vision box. It appears that I will need to run cable between the two. Thanks for replying but I do not have to take this problem any further.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Good to hear it is resolved. I need to reply as this is how the system works. But this is my last reply unless you want more information from me.

If you have problems getting the cable between the two, due to distance, I advise on looking at these adapters as they will allow you to run the internet connection over your homes electrical sockets.

Click Me To View

This is in the event you do have a problem with distance.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can please rate my service, that is greatly appreciated.