Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have recently bought an Acer Iconia W700. After a few weeks,

Customer Question

I have recently bought an Acer Iconia W700. After a few weeks, all the APPS ceased to function, giving error messages saying that they were unable to connect to the Internet. Yet the system information shows a strong wifi connection, and the broswers do connect to the web - I am snedingthis message from the tablet now!
Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.

Jess M. :

Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

Jess M. :

Please let me know when you are ready for chat....

JACUSTOMER-ioh3lppa- :

right now!

Jess M. :

Thank you for joining chat... Can you confirm if the acer device is connected to your wifi?

JACUSTOMER-ioh3lppa- :

Yes! I am chatting with you on the device

Jess M. :

OK, so it appears that you are connected to the wifi with internet, and the browsers can connect you to the web, but only the APPs are not working. Is this correct?

JACUSTOMER-ioh3lppa- :

That is right

Jess M. :

Alright, have you checked to see or verify if all the apps are not working? Or just a few applications ceased to work?

JACUSTOMER-ioh3lppa- :

I have checked them all, and they all say "cannot connect"

Jess M. :

Alright, that is weird huh... please check if there is a pre-installed software called "windows debug wireless driver"

Jess M. :

I will just standby here....let me know when you are back...

JACUSTOMER-ioh3lppa- :

No there isn't

Jess M. :

did you install new apps recently?

Jess M. :

Are you still there?

Jess M. :

If your acer computer is running on Windows 8, please try to so a System Restore.

Jess M. :

*do

Jess M. :

If you are back online, please let me know so that I can assist you in doing a system restore.