s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

My amazon kindle is not accepting the password XXXXX i used

Customer Question

My amazon kindle is not accepting the password XXXXX i used for the previous version that i had. Can you please advise me what to do
Category: Computer
Expert:  s_feehan replied 3 years ago.

s_feehan :

Hello my name is sean and i'm going to help you with this today,likely we will need to factory reset the device since there is no "back door" approach we can take, if your password is no longer working, likely someone else has changed your password. Ensure that you are entering it with proper capitalization too of course... can you tell me which type of Kindle this is?

s_feehan :

Is this the kindle 1, 2 3, dx, or fire?

s_feehan :

or touch

s_feehan :

I will happily walk you through the steps but if I should happen to miss you, please feel free to check this out : http://resetkindle.info/ and according to which one you have, you can follow the instructions for it

s_feehan :

You may try typing "resetmykindle" as a password too